From: Cindy Parker on
I started a "move" operation to a remote Computer in WinExplorer by dragging a local folder with files inside onto
a shared folder in "My Network Places". This worked successfully without problems hundred times before.

However this time the folder+files were moved into local folder

D:\Documents and Settings\C\NetHood

Why?

Yes, the remote folder is accessible. When I click on the remote folder then I can see its remote content.
And I have write access.

Lets assume that WinExplorer does not recognize the remote computer: How can I tell him in such a situation
NOT to copy the folder+files to "NetHood" but abort the operation instead?

Furthermore I cannot access my files in "Nethood" in WinExplorer. They are existing because I can see them by a "dir"
cmdline command in Cmdprompt. but when I try to find them in WinExplorer they are not visible.
When I click on

C:\Documents and settings\c\Nethood\transfer on comp23

then the real remote folder content is listed and not the previously copied stuff.

How can I force WinExplorer to show the local files?

Cindy

Pages: 1
Prev: Error Message
Next: Associations not there.