From: MowGreen on
Muhammad Haaris wrote:
> I tried it but it worked only for few minutes; the downloading started but
> afterwards it stoped. I opened the windows update site again and the error
> was there.
>
> Haris Khan.
> Pakistan.

Pardon ? You tried *what* with
1 - which Operating System __ on what Service Pack
2 - with which Version of Internet Explorer
3 - with which antivirus/security suite installed ?

The following list of KB articles contain methods to resolve the
0x80070424 error - pick the one that suits your OS and specific issue:

Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
to install updates: 0x80070424
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows
Server Update Services installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

You cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature on a Windows XP Service
Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916261

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY