From: Jim on

When IE launches I get this error:

The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in dynamic
link library SHLWAPI.dll

Any help appreciated
--
Jim

From: pcbutts1 on
That probably happened because the winnet.dll file you replaced is from SP2.
You need a pre sp2 file or follow the directions I sent you.

From: Jim on
I followed the directions until it said it could not find
%windir%$NtUninstallKB834707$s puninstspuninst.exe
I hate this operating syystem
--
Jim

From: pcbutts1 on
I will send you a pre SP2 wininet.dll file. Put it in the same location on
C: replacing the last one, then run that wnfix.bat file I sent you again.

From: jen on
"Jim" <jjnewhall(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> When IE launches I get this error:
> The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in
> dynamic
> link library SHLWAPI.dll

What OS version are you running? You have an *extremely* old Vs of
OE( Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000)! VERY unsafe! Only ONE
example:
http://archive.cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/2001/09/msg00146.html
If you update your IE(which will update OE) your errors and dll problem
will most probablly be solved. If you don't update you are a sitting
duck!

-jen