From: undisclosed on

Hello Joe,
Tnx for your help - i'd certainly start with #5 since I tried some
versions of the other ideas. Also, uninstalling all codecs came also
from Microsoft Support 2day, and in any case, i work almost only with
VLC
BTW, should i uninstall all the video players i have or there is a way
to locate codecs?
cheers, :wink:

--
ro-do
From: Elmo on
undisclosed wrote:
> Hello Joe,
> Tnx for your help - I'd certainly start with #5 since I tried some
> versions of the other ideas. Also, uninstalling all codecs came also
> from Microsoft Support 2day, and in any case, I work almost only with
> VLC
> BTW, should I uninstall all the video players I have or is there a way
> to locate codecs?
> cheers, :wink:

How to remove Codecs:
http://www.jhepple.com/codecs/how_to_remove_codecs.htm

I've seen some in IE, Add-ons too. You could disable them as a test, I
suppose..

--

Joe =o)
From: undisclosed on

:biggrin: Dear Tim and Joe and Elmo,
A success in first trial: I started by uninstalling "the main suspect"
i.e. all Dvix codecs, directly thru the add/remove in Control panel.
it took 30 seconds and i'm free at last to hover with the cursor around
any file i want... shiuu, this was too easy...:biggrin:
Tnx again for your help.
Ron

--
ro-do
From: Elmo on
undisclosed wrote:
> :biggrin: Dear Tim and Joe and Elmo,
> A success in first trial: I started by uninstalling "the main suspect"
> i.e. all Dvix codecs, directly thru the add/remove in Control panel.
> it took 30 seconds and i'm free at last to hover with the cursor around
> any file i want... shiuu, this was too easy...:biggrin:
> Tnx again for your help.
> Ron

Great news!

--

Joe =o)
From: undisclosed on

:confused: :confused: Well, unfortunately, it's not finished yet...
Due to uninstalling DivX codecs package, my Windows media player won't
show video (avi), just the audio.
exploring the problem it looks as it misses the "Cirrus Logic AccuPak
Video (CLJR) codec" which is a part of....DivX codecs...!
So, unless i'll find that stand-alone codec, I have to either give up
wmp (not that bad idea..) or install again the Divx package which i
really dont want to.
And BTW, where can i find the above stand alone codec for downloading?
Any suggestions guys?

--
ro-do