From: Zaur Bahramov on
Hi!

i'm trying to follow this article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA101191141033.aspx to
learn creating form DataViews. I create an XML file as described, however
when I click on xml file and select "show data" data source details tab has
all buttons dimmed and gives this error:

The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the
data source. Check the format and content of your query and try again. If
the problem persists, contact the server administrator.

On Muicrosoft site I've found this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B923173&x=12&y=13

however, I connect to SharePoint site directly through the LAN, so why would
I configure the proxy?
Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

Zaur

From: Zaur Bahramov on
I've noticed also that if used with SQL Server if table is not in dbo
schema, but some other schema, this error occures. How can I resolve this?