From: Jeff on
I experienced the same problem. Go to Solutions Explorer, References, Add Reference, and select the assembly reference to add, in this case,

'System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap'

It will then display in the Solutions Explorer.

Darwin wrote:

Missing System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
21-Mar-08

Hi,
I am using 2.0 with VS2005 SP1 on an XP box.
When I type:
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.

The only option I get is "Binary" and I need to use "Soap".
I guess I am missing the System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll
assembly but
I don't understand how I could have lost it and how I get it back again. I
reinstalled VS but it didn't help.
When I compile I get:
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Soap' does not exist in the namespace
'System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters' (are you missing an assembly
reference?)
Any ideas?

Make your Windows Forms Controls Speak with C# .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/44d1e463-7dbb-4333-9816-2038b49ae105/make-your-windows-forms-c.aspx