From: Hillbilly on
Mondor's MSCaptcha control runs and displays on the local dev machine but
won't display its generated image when deployed to the shared server hosting
service.

// what my web.config says:
<handlers>
<add name="MSCaptchaImage"
path="CaptchaImage.axd"
verb="GET"
type="MSCaptcha.CaptchaImageHandler, MSCaptcha"
preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
</handlers>

A.) Yes, I've followed the instructions documented here [1] and the control
runs on my local dev machine.

B.) Yes, I FTP the .dll(s) to the bin directory on the host server and my
local code running from IIS7 on Vista runs as expected. Anything else you
might need to assist please ask but I need to figure this one out as I'm
stumped and note I have no control of the server at the host provider

note: I've observed somebody else has this problem as responded to at
asp.net [2] lucky for me all of my Passport and Windows DeadOnArrival
credentials are totally FUBAR and asp.net won't even send me a forgotten
password as it doesn't know me anymore either so I can't get involved in the
asp.net forums.

[1]
http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/04/03/How-to-implement-Captcha-in-ASPNet.aspx#id%5F9f698584-ecb7-4fa1-99f5-797ee1a8f593

[2] http://forums.asp.net/p/1468509/3395243.aspx

From: Hillbilly on
Mondor has a forum and a difficult to find FAQ which is actually a thread in
their forum. Reading that FAQ and several of the other messages from various
other developers finally resolves this issue. Anybody using MSCaptcha should
get into their forum and put all the pieces together.