From: julian.tklim on
Hi,

I've got this error after applying the Security update for
Microsoft .NET KB928365 this morning.

Object already exists.

Exception Details:
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Object already
exists.

Source Error:

Line 132: ' Create a new instance of RSACryptoServiceProvider
that accesses
Line 133: ' the key container MyKeyContainerName.
Line 134: GetKeyFromContainer = New
RSACryptoServiceProvider(cp)

Anyone knows the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Julian

From: "John Saunders [MVP]" john.saunders at on
<julian.tklim(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've got this error after applying the Security update for
> Microsoft .NET KB928365 this morning.
>
> Object already exists.

> Exception Details:
> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Object already
> exists.
>
> Source Error:
>

> Line 132: ' Create a new instance of RSACryptoServiceProvider
> that accesses
> Line 133: ' the key container MyKeyContainerName.
> Line 134: GetKeyFromContainer = New
> RSACryptoServiceProvider(cp)
>
> Anyone knows the problem?

See a post in this newsgroup from Mark Macaulay
<MarkMacaulay(a)discussions.microsoft.com>, on 7/12 on the subject "Did
KB928365 break my framework?". Mark found a solution.
--
John Saunders [MVP]

From: julian.tklim on
On Jul 13, 8:54 pm, "John Saunders [MVP]" <john.saunders at
trizetto.com> wrote:
> <julian.tk...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I've got this error after applying the Security update for
> > Microsoft .NET KB928365 this morning.
>
> > Object already exists.

> > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
> > information about the error and where it originated in the code.
>
> > Exception Details:
> > System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Object already
> > exists.
>
> > Source Error:
>
> > Line 132: ' Create a new instance of RSACryptoServiceProvider
> > that accesses
> > Line 133: ' the key container MyKeyContainerName.
> > Line 134: GetKeyFromContainer = New
> > RSACryptoServiceProvider(cp)
>
> > Anyone knows the problem?
>
> See a post in this newsgroup from Mark Macaulay
> <MarkMacau...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>, on 7/12 on the subject "Did
> KB928365 break my framework?". Mark found a solution.
> --
> John Saunders [MVP]- Hide quoted text -

Hi John,
Thanks for reply. I tried the steps. Can you give more detail on 2nd
step on correct the ACL ?
I am using WinXP, the furthest I can go is C:\Documents and Settings
\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys. There is no %USERPROFILE% found
after that.
Ther permission for the MachineKeys folder are given to everyone and
administrator.

1.. Uninstall KB928365
2. Correct the ACL list for the following directories:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp [Temp Directory] - Thanks to Rod
Trent
for this step
3. Reboot the Server

Julian

From: julian.tklim on
On Jul 14, 10:17 am, julian.tk...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 13, 8:54 pm, "John Saunders [MVP]" <john.saunders at
>

> trizetto.com> wrote:
> > <julian.tk...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi,
>
> > > I've got this error after applying the Security update for
> > > Microsoft .NET KB928365 this morning.
>
> > > Object already exists.

> > > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
> > > information about the error and where it originated in the code.
>
> > > Exception Details:
> > > System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Object already
> > > exists.
>
> > > Source Error:
>
> > > Line 132: ' Create a new instance of RSACryptoServiceProvider
> > > that accesses
> > > Line 133: ' the key container MyKeyContainerName.
> > > Line 134: GetKeyFromContainer = New
> > > RSACryptoServiceProvider(cp)
>
> > > Anyone knows the problem?
>
> > See a post in this newsgroup from Mark Macaulay
> > <MarkMacau...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>, on 7/12 on the subject "Did
> > KB928365 break my framework?". Mark found a solution.
> > --
> > John Saunders [MVP]- Hide quoted text -

> Hi John,
> Thanks for reply. I tried the steps. Can you give more detail on 2nd
> step on correct the ACL ?
> I am using WinXP, the furthest I can go is C:\Documents and Settings
> \All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys. There is no %USERPROFILE% found
> after that.
> Ther permission for the MachineKeys folder are given to everyone and
> administrator.
>
> 1.. Uninstall KB928365
> 2. Correct the ACL list for the following directories:
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
> %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp [Temp Directory] - Thanks to Rod
> Trent
> for this step
> 3. Reboot the Server
>
> Julian- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

I think I found the problem. There is another new machine key created
after the new update.I deleted all the machine keys and recreate a new
one. Everything is fine now. Thanks for the help.

Julian