From: Dave on
Hi,

I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the
previous day.

I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is
called MyFileMarch2010.

The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look
for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
--
Thank you

Dave
From: Don Guillett on
As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments

if day(date)=1 then
do this
else
do that
end if

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Dave Peterson on
Or you could just build the name correctly.

Dim myDate as date
dim myFileName as string
dim wkbk as workbook
dim myPath as string

mypath = "C:\yourpathhere\" 'include the trailing backslash

mydate = date - 1 'yesterday

'fix the extension to match .xlsx or .xlsm or ...
myfilename = "myfile" & format(mydate, "mmmmyyyy") & ".xls"

set wkbk = nothing
on error resume next
set wkbk = workbooks.open(filename:=mypath & myfilename)
on error goto 0

if wkbk is nothing then
msgbox myfilename & " wasn't found in: " & mypath
exit sub
end if

....code to work on wkbk goes here

--