From: kh1231 on
I tried this but when I click on the file on the desktop to run it, all it
does is open in the Notepad again. Nothing else happens. What am I doing
wrong?

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"kh1231" <kh1231(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried this but when I click on the file on the desktop to run it, all it
> does is open in the Notepad again. Nothing else happens. What am I doing
> wrong?

Nothing. By default the default operation for the regfile Filetype is
Merge which invokes regedit.exe but many administrators change it to Edit
which invokes Notepad.exe. In that case instead of just clicking on the
file you would need to right-click on it and then (if you were expecting to
apply the patch) pick Merge.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: BRFSD on
I am having this same issue on a Dell Latitude E4300 laptop. I have
uninstalled, reinstalled, changed the registry, renamed files, deleted files,
have followed every tip/trick I can find online, but continue to get the
error when trying to install .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.5 or 3.5 SP1. Has
anyone found a solution.