From: EddieS on
I get an error 0x80070008 when trying to install microsoft update kb973687.
I am running XP Pro with 3GB ram. Can anyone know of a solution?
--
Regards EddieS
From: Shenan Stanley on
EddieS wrote:
> I get an error 0x80070008 when trying to install microsoft update
> kb973687. I am running XP Pro with 3GB ram. Can anyone know of a
> solution?

Tried downloading the one you need manually and running it locally to
install?

When an application uses MSXML to process XHTML, redundant retrieval
requests for well-known DTD files from the W3C Web server cause XHTML
parsing to fail on a Windows-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973687

Specifically:
Update for Windows XP (KB973687)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1b643267-9116-4258-a53a-5a41426dcbcb

Continue (to validate), Download (to save it to your computer), Select
"Save" and put it someplace you can easily locate (like your desktop) and
then reboot, log in as an administrative user (if your account is such an
account - okay) and run the file you saved to install the update. What
happens?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP