From: chv on
Hi All,

W2k3

Following a download from MS site, I was required to install BITS 2.0. Went
to the following site and tried to download it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&familyid=8dbcae14-2dac-4445-91ec-54c042ad6729&displaylang=en

The download of BITS 2.0 was fine. But when installing it an error message
with an error code 0x8007f0e9 appears: "The updatebr.inf file is invalid"

Any ideas pleas ?

Many thanks

From: Taurarian on
Possibility - might be a corrupt download - try a fresh download.

One of the critical uses for the updatebr.inf is to link the branch with the
appropriate update.inf file-update_rtmqfe.inf or update_rtmqfe.inf.
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/deployment/winupdte.mspx)