From: problem man on
I'm using MS outlook 2003 & 2007 (with latest service pack and patches),
running in Windows XP (with latest service pack and patches), to access
mailbox thru IMAP from non-Microsoft mail server. In the outlook profile,
SMTP authentication is turned ON - Use same settings as my incoming mail
server.

After I enabled "Relay" setting, found that when sending out mails in MS
outlook 2007, it showed error message "reported error (0x800CCC80): "None of
the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your
server."

But, I didn't have this problem when sending in MS outlook 2003. Please
advise why Outlook 2007 has such problem.

For the workaround, I turned off SMTP authentication in Outlook 2003.
Besides using this method but I want to keep to use "SMTP authentication",
any other workarounds?

Please help.