From: Brian F. on
Hello.

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums.

The error code 0xBFF62007 states that "You attempted to set a configuration attribute while the object is running.  Solutions: Configure attributes prior to opening the object; Stop and restart communication as needed so that you can update configuration attributes."  Thus, it seems like when you change the attributes if the program is already running, it can cause undesirable effects in the program.  If you wish to change the attributes, I would recommend closing the CAN object, making the change, and then reopening the object.  You could use a case statement to discard the error from your program, but it will still require you to reopen the CAN object because the error has already occured.  Is there a reason why you need to change these attributes on the fly?  I would recommend that instead of catching the error, rework the way that your program operates to avoid this behavior.  This should yield the desired results.

Let me know if I can help you with anything further!

Brian FApplications Engineer
National Instruments
From: frankcira on
Thanks Brian,
Closing the CAN object and then changing the attribute eliminates the issues I was having. I did not know that you changing attributes would cause problems with the program. Thanks for the help.