From: DKThomZ on
My Windows Update has been following four "important updates":

- 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2

- Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System

- Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System

- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007

My problem is that when I try to install these updates (tried
all four together and one alone), I get the following error message: Error
found:
Code 64.6 Windows Update has encountered an unknown error.

Are there others who have had this error and have found a solution to the
problem
or just some who have a suggestion for how this problem can be solved?
--
Thanks in advance! På forhånd tak!

/DKThomZ
From: MowGreen on
Here's 3 resolutions for Vista/Windows 7:
1) Temporarily disable User Account Control. Install the updates,
restart, reenable User Account Control.

2) Install the updates with the Office CD already inserted into the
CD/DVD drive.

3) Open Windows Update in the Control Panel. Click the 'View updates
history' link. Write down the KB number of the *failed* updates.

Next, go here: Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?

Download the updates by searching for the KB number, save said updates.
When you have them all, close Internet Explorer, and install them one at
a time.
NOTE: Be sure to download the updates intended for the architecture of
the system. x86 (32bit) versions for x86 (32bit) systems; x64 (64bit)
versions for x64 (64bit) systems.

4) When the update in question is a *Security update*, such as
MS10-031: Description of the security update for the 2007 Office system:
May 11, 2010
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976321
then MS offers *no-charge support* in getting the update installed or
troubleshooting compatibility issues:

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

HTH !

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"MowGreen" <mowgreen(a)nowandzen.com> wrote in message

>> and I have not seen a reply to fixing the 646... WHAT IS THE ANSWER

> Surely you jest. I find 26 other threads with " error code 646 " besides
> yours in this new group. Did you bother searching for it ?

Using Google Groups you mean? <eg>

Perhaps you should be pointing out solutions in the forums too? Hopefully
searches there work better than the Communities search does currently? ; )

---

From: Martha on
Yo estoy teninendo el mismo problema con el error numero 646 has tenido
alguna solucion para el problema ? si es que si has logrado solucionar el
problema me podrias contestar ? y ayudarme

"sergio mojarro ramirez" wrote:

> "Ahdesertflower" escribió:
>
> > Al tratar de ejecutar las actualizaciones que he recibido un mensaje que dice "código de error 646
> > Windows Update ha encontrado un error desconocido "KB981725, KB980469, KB976382 y
> > No se actualizará Alguien tiene una solución?
> > -
> ahdesertflower>

Pages: 1
Prev: error code 646