From: nachtrn24 on
Know the feeling. Spent days on this tried 5x, failed 5x. Somehow I decided
to turn off firewalls. That didn't work, BUT if you turn off user account
controls you can install all these updates. I use the same OS and go to
control panel, click user accounts, turn off controls, go back and install
downloaded updates, the go turn user account controls back on. Glad I could
be of assistance.