From: zach_john on
I have a an access application that will not let me embed new photos into the
data base with office 2003. I was using office 2000 and all worked ok but the
change in office version cause the break. The pictures that were already done
stayed just adding new pictures is stopped.

From: Myellowd on

"edward.teach" wrote:

> same issue here - copied the form as you all suggested and it worked fine.
>
> "KumbiaKid" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set up a very simple form to collect a prompt for a query and
> > am using the excellent guidance in
> > http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm. I have tried to follow the
> > advice in this guide carefully, but when I click on the Cancel button (as
> > suggested in the reference web page) I get the following error:
> >
> > The expressiion On Click you entered as the event property setting
> > produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access
> > was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control.
> > *The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
> > user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
> > *There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.
> >
> > It doesn't seem to matter what code I have in the OnClick Event Procedure.
> > I've simplified it to:
> >
> > Private Sub CancelQueryCmdButton_Click()
> > MsgBox "TEST", vbOKOnly
> > Rem DoCmd.Close acForm, "SelectOneListNameForm"
> > End Sub
> >
> > The code I'd like to run is, in the example above, REMed out. I tried the
> > MsgBox because it's so simple and I thought I couldn't get that wrong, but I
> > still get the error. I get the error even if I leave the Event Procedure
> > empty:
> >
> > Private Sub CancelQueryCmdButton_Click()
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Can anyone help?

I sometimes get that error message. Except for copy and pasting all the
things into a new form which always work, there are two more easier solutions
that sometimes work. 1- in the Control Panel > Regional and language settings
: set all the combo boxes to English and United states. 2- Open your form in
design view and try selecting controls on the form and deleting them, don't
do it one by one select a group of them, then each time go on Form view and
see if you get the error message again (by clicking the button which produces
that). Sometimes you get that message because one of the controls on the form
has problem, so try finding that and deleting it.
Good luck