From: Eddie Gray on
Help. New machine with Windows 7 64 bit. New install of Windows Live and I
really want to use Messenger.

Every time I try to use Messenger, it crashes and brings up the dialog to
"close" or "debug"

When I go into the debugger, this is the message:

Unhandled exception at 0x73122ee5 in msnmsgr.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000018.

I tried these suggestions, but still get the error

http://windowslive.com/Connect/Post/c9d17d49-d3d0-40ea-83a0-142e7443405d

Here is the stack trace:

> wldcore.dll!73122ee5()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for
wldcore.dll] uxcore.dll!6fa050b2()
msvcr80.dll!__vswprintf_helper() + 0x92 bytes 00000013()
wldlog.dll!74ba3a84()
wldlog.dll!74ba3dd2()
uxcore.dll!6fa06115()
msnmsgr.exe!014626a2()
msnmsgr.exe!0142a1c0()
msnmsgr.exe!01447e56()
user32.dll!_InternalCallWinProc(a)20() + 0x23 bytes user32.dll!_UserCallWinProcCheckWow(a)32() + 0xb7 bytes
user32.dll!_DispatchMessageWorker@8() + 0xed bytes user32.dll!_DispatchMessageW@4() + 0xf bytes
msnmsgr.exe!0143e76e()
msnmsgr.exe!0143e0bd()
msnmsgr.exe!0143e2e7()
msnmsgr.exe!014380df()
msnmsgr.exe!01438682()
msnmsgr.exe!0164fa6e()
kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk(a)12() + 0x12 bytes ntdll.dll!___RtlUserThreadStart@8() + 0x27 bytes
ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8() + 0x1b bytes
From: Eddie Gray on
I still get the error if I try to log in using MSN Messenger. However, I
figured out that if I launch Live Mail and use that application to log on to
messenger, it then works. Very strange.

So I have a very poor workaround for now, launch "Windows Live Mail" and use
that application to log on to the "Live Messenger".