From: Kaley on
Hey have any of you guys fixed the problem your having with your webcam on msn? ive got the the problem now. I have to chose to do a video call as it wont let me just show my cam but when i do it just shows a cam pic with a red cross through it, they can hear my microphone tho.

Any one fixed it yet? if so would be so grateful if you could tell me how you fixed it xxxx

SA wrote:

Similar problems here with Live Messenger.
08-Mar-07

Similar problems here with Live Messenger. I go thru the setup for video
and can se my own picture. But when I initiate a video call, I just see a
drawing of a webcam and a red circle next to it with an X in the circle.
The part on the other end can't see me either. But I can see him.

<anna(a)reykjavik.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:26 AM
ann wrote:

Webcam stopped working with msn
Hi ! I'm becoming really frustrated with my msn messenger - it used to
work fine with a webcam and now it doesn't. I can see video and my pc
recognises my webcam but noone can see my videostream. What could be
the problem? I've even tried a different webcam - but same problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
thanks : )

On Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:44 PM
Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:

Greetings Anna,When you say no one can see it -- does it actually appear to be
Greetings Anna,

When you say no one can see it -- does it actually appear to be working on your end, or you
don't even see your own video anymore and/or it doesn't even connect?

As a possible quick fix, you may just need to go through the Audio and Video Setup wizard
again. To do so, click the Tools menu in any Messenger window (or press Alt and T on the
keyboard if the menu is hidden), then choose Audio and video setup and go through the wizard
to set your camera again.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

<anna(a)reykjavik.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:06 AM
amborgenson wrote:

Hi !!
Hi !! Yes it seems to be working properly on my end - I can see the
video myself and I've gone trhought the setup wizard perfectly. When I
start a video conversation, it says " connected - but anyone trying to
see my webcam can only see a series of dots across the screen as if
nothing is connecting. Could this be a firewall problem? I can't
imagine it is- if I'm able to use the live messenger for instant
messaging?
Thanks!

On Mar 1, 3:44 am, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsrepl...(a)jonathankay.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:17 PM
Chanta wrote:

My problem is similar. Everything seems to be working.
My problem is similar. Everything seems to be working. I can see myself on
the video call but I cannot see the other person. And audio works fine, as
does typing....

"amborgenson" wrote:

On Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:45 PM
SA wrote:

Similar problems here with Live Messenger.
Similar problems here with Live Messenger. I go thru the setup for video
and can se my own picture. But when I initiate a video call, I just see a
drawing of a webcam and a red circle next to it with an X in the circle.
The part on the other end can't see me either. But I can see him.

<anna(a)reykjavik.com> wrote in message

LINQ With Strings
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03afdcf3-7b60-47db-adb9-db7fe2c6ab8c/linq-with-strings.aspx