From: Ron on
Thanks for your help...

The maintenance plan was created under SQL Server 2005 SP1 early in December
using the maintnenance wizard. All it is supposed to do is to back the
databases up to an internal drive. It worked OK until I installed SP2. The
only thing that has changed on the machine is the application of SQL Server
SP2 and any updates applied by the Windows Update program.

The SQL Server 2005 installation was done on a fresh computer about December
5. This is a development machine with the Visual Studio, etc. installed.

At this point, I cannot do anything with maintenance plans without getting
the same error. Whether I go through the wizard or by hand, I cannot create a
new MP, I cannot delete the existing MP and I cannot alter the existing MP.

From: Ron on
Thanks for your help....

From: Chris Wood on
Ron,

I had something similar in trying to delete a job created by an SQL2005 MP.
You could do this in SQL2000 but not 2005. Maybe try deleting the job(s)
then try deleting the MP.

Chris

From: Uri Dimant on
Rom

I have no idea, sorry, probably you will need to re-install SQL Server 2005
and apply SP2

From: John Bell on
Hi Ron

Have you check the service pack log to see if there was any error when
installing SP2? What does SELECT @@VERSION return?

John