From: "Daniel O'Connor" on
1) You want pear-general, not pear-webmaster :)

2) Sounds like .... the fontfile isn't found or readable

Try putting a full path or otherwise checking with file_exists() and
is_readable() to where your TTF lives...

ie
$font_file_path = 'COUR.TTF';

if (!file_exists($font_file_path)) {
die("Oh noes: " . $font_file_path . " can't be found - we're in " .
getcwd())
}

$options = array();
$options['font_file'] = $font_file_path;