From: Jeff T. on
I've been trying to install Ad-Aware and I keep getting an error it's error
2343.

Jeff

From: BillyBob on

"Jeff T." <jeftho(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> I've been trying to install Ad-Aware and I keep getting an error it's
> error 2343.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

This is an Ad-Aware problem, not a Win XP problem. I googled "AdAware Error
2343". There were numerous hits and I found that this, apparently, is a
common problem without any easy solution. I would search Google or contact
Lavasoft for assistance.

BB

From: Bruce Chambers on
Jeff T. wrote:
> I've been trying to install Ad-Aware and I keep getting an error it's error
> 2343.
>
> Jeff

Try the Lavasoft support forums.
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=27331

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Peter Foldes on
Jeff

Do yourself a favor and drop Ad-Aware. I dropped it over a year ago. It is bloated
and is useless at this time
Is the following 2 which is far superior to Ad-Aware

Use the free versions

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

--
Peter

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 11:32:51 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Jeff
>
> Do yourself a favor and drop Ad-Aware. I dropped it over a year ago. It is bloated
> and is useless at this time
> Is the following 2 which is far superior to Ad-Aware

I agree (as you probably already know) that SuperAntiSpyware
and MalwareBytes are both better than Ad-Aware. But I don't agree that
it's useless. I run it (in addition to SuperAntiSpyware and
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware) and it often finds and deletes tracking
cookies that the others don't find.

It's an example of why it's important to run multiple anti-spyware
programs. None of them is perfect and almost any of the good (or even
just decent) programs will find things that others don't.

> Use the free versions
>
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>

> --
> Peter

> "Jeff T." <jeftho(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > I've been trying to install Ad-Aware and I keep getting an error it's error 2343.
> > Jeff

Please Reply to the Newsgroup