From: Prof Wonmug on
I have two add-in files (AddinA.xlam & AddinB.xlam). I decided to
consolidate them into one file with several different modules. So, I
moved all of the modules in AddinB to AddinA and deleted AddinB.xlam.

Now, every time I open Excel, even with a new workbook, I get this
error message:

'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
\Microsoft\AddIns\AddinB.xlam' could not be found. ...

I have searched all of the relevant workbooks, none of which are open
when I get the error message, and cannot find the string "AddinB"
anywhere.

How do I get rid of this error message?
From: Peter T on
Do you have a reference to the old addin, Tools References, or some other
Link perhaps.

Regards,
Peter T

From: Prof Wonmug on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:39:08 +0100, "Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions>
wrote:

>Do you have a reference to the old addin, Tools References, or some other
>Link perhaps.

Well, if I do, I can't find it. Where do I look? All searches for the
string "AddinB" say "not found".

From: Gord Dibben on
Are you asked if you want to delete it?

Is AddinB still still checked in Tools>Add-ins?

Uncheck it and answer Yes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Prof Wonmug on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:40:57 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca>
wrote:

>Are you asked if you want to delete it?

Nope

>Is AddinB still still checked in Tools>Add-ins?
>
>Uncheck it and answer Yes.

Thnak you. That did it. Problem solved.

This is Excel 2007, so there's no Tools option. I tried the Add-In tab
on the magical ribbon, but no joy. I guess that was too logical.

Next, I tried File | Options | Add-Ins. At the top, under Active
Add-Ins, AddinB was still listed. Of course, there is no check box to
uncheck and no Delete option. That would be too easy. Then I noticed
the Manage: box with Excel Add-ins and clicked Go. Finally, there is a
list with checkboxes to uncheck. Uncheck the box and away it goes.

Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if the Microsoft developers get extra credit for making
things arcanel If so, the Excel developers must all be billionaires.