From: Fabric8r on

-->Sorry, nothing happened when I hit the submit button, so I hit it
again. sorry.<--

Microsoft Project 2000, I am trying to add text to the right of a bar
in a Gantt Chart. Don't I select "Right", then scroll down and choose
"Text1" change the text to what I want to say, and hit OK? When I do, I
get a pop up that says "This value is not valid in this situation, Chick
the field to see if it requires text, a date, or a number, and that you
typed the information correctly.

How do I do that? I thought I did...

Thanks for your help.

--
Fabric8r
Fabric8r's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156301.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Fabric8r on

Well, that didn't work either. I got the same error when I changed the
word "Text1" to what I want the text for that bar to say. (which is "23
avg per day"). Maybe there is some other place where I should change
"Text1" to "23 avg per day"?

Thanks for your patience and help.

--
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1273088.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
If I understand your question correctly, you can only insert a field name,
not a label. So for instance, you can have Text1, the field, but you can't
add "Important Task" as a text label in that interface.

Just make all of the text required a field entry in MS Project, and it
should work.

....or did I just misunderstand your question?

-A