From: campluiz on

From: Thocrun on

"campluiz" wrote:

> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > cannot update windows. i'm behind a checkpoint NG firewall. No help from
> > checkpoint either. anyone got any leads on this? problem is intermittent
> > but most workstations dont update. Thanks

I am also having the same problem (in windows 2000).
From: Sparky on
Just re-built a Win2K std server, and got the same result - Error 0x800C0002.
Perhaps Microsoft has removed support for these servers.

During initial visit to Windows Update, I get the prompt to update the
updater, which I allow, then it dies. Firewall is wide open, and no AV, or
other software installed on the server yet.

Oddly enough, the automatic updates came down, I just can use the Windows
Update site.

Any clues?

From: sparky on
Download/Install IE6 update, then re-check. Likely IE5 won't work with the
site, and it doesn't offer an IE update to 6, so you'll need to get it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en

From: sparky on
Install IE6 from: