From: DD on
I get his error when trying to scan for and install updates... can anyone help?
From: Rich Barry on
DD, take a look at this Thread
http://miataru.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/117883.html

From: TaurArian on
Courtesy of: Allenh [MSFT]

The error code 0xc80003fA your receiving is hrReadVerifyFailure which means
it may have not been able to write to the Softwaredistribution folder.
What changes did you make before receiving this error? In the event you
receive this error again you may try the following:

Rename the SoftwareDistribution directory.
Click Start >Run
Type "Services.msc" (w/o quotes)
Press OK
Find "Automatic Update"
Stop the service.
Next, rename the "SoftwareDistribution" directory to "SDOLD". The directory
is located in the c:\Windows directory
Now, restart the Automatic Update service
Click Start >Run
Type "Services.msc" (w/o quotes)
Press OK
Find "Automatic Update"
Start the service.

Clearing the browser's cache
1. Click Tools > Internet Options
2. In the "Temporary Internet Files" section, click "Delete Cookies"
3. Click "Delete Files" click "Delete all offline content" click OK
4. In the "History" section, click "Clear History".
5. Click "OK".

Now access Windows Update again. Do you still get the error?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Allenh [MSFT]

"DD" wrote:

> I get his error when trying to scan for and install updates... can anyone help?

Pages: 1
Prev: Error 0x80190193
Next: Zone Alarm