From: John B on
I think I have asked this question before, but unfortunately I haven't had an
answer that has solved the problem, even though there must be one. Whenever I
attempt to run WU or Office update I am told in Office that 'we seem to have
a problem', amd in WU receive error 0x80072F76. I have added all the
suggested site to ZA trusted Zone and allowed them in the Privacy list, but
to mo avail. Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?
From: Galen on
In news:761225D3-A7CC-4348-9900-AB3EE8050A55(a)microsoft.com,
John B <JohnB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I think I have asked this question before, but unfortunately I
> haven't had an answer that has solved the problem, even though there
> must be one. Whenever I attempt to run WU or Office update I am told
> in Office that 'we seem to have a problem', amd in WU receive error
> 0x80072F76. I have added all the suggested site to ZA trusted Zone
> and allowed them in the Privacy list, but to mo avail. Can anyone
> please tell me where I am going wrong?

I'd start with the ZA help file or asking there directly but if not then I'd
check the privacy settings in ZA. What happens if you turn the firewall off
and do the updates? (Not the safest idea I know but it's worth a shot to
check.) You could try adding the *.microsoft.com address to the trusted zone
and give it complete access but the privacy settings might still prevent you
from using the cookies or the scripts properly. Just to be safe, if you're
using XP, you could turn off ZA and then enable the Windows Firewall and do
your updates. When you're done just reverse the process and turn ZA back on.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

From: RoyC on
I have Zone Alarm Firewall and do not have any trouble getting updates in
Office or Windows Update. I have all default settings and have not altered
anything.
Roy

"John B" wrote:

> I think I have asked this question before, but unfortunately I haven't had an
> answer that has solved the problem, even though there must be one. Whenever I
> attempt to run WU or Office update I am told in Office that 'we seem to have
> a problem', amd in WU receive error 0x80072F76. I have added all the
> suggested site to ZA trusted Zone and allowed them in the Privacy list, but
> to mo avail. Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?

Pages: 1
Prev: Error number: 0xC80003FA
Next: I need help!