From: stratus46 on
Wilderbeast wrote:
> "Language Resource file was not found: C"\Program Files\ATI
> Multimedia\tv\TVDS????.RSC"
>
> AIW 9600 ATI MMC 9.061. Worked fine for years until now. Anyone
know a fix?
> Customer support is no help.
>
> Thanks.
> W.

My HDTV Wonders came with 9.06 which didn't work nearly as well as
9.14 - at least for digital TV. Since you want 9.06, you might try
ATIs complete uninstall tool to completely remove all the software and
then re-load.

When I got that version of everything running, I no longer used the
driver updates as they often took the machine into the dumper. The
video drivers I use are the ones that were released at the some time
as the MMC - in my case summer (May?) 2006.

OK, I'm a Luddite but the computers work as expected.

GG
From: Wilderbeast on

stratus46(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Wilderbeast wrote:
>> "Language Resource file was not found: C"\Program Files\ATI
>> Multimedia\tv\TVDS????.RSC"
>>
>> AIW 9600 ATI MMC 9.061. Worked fine for years until now. Anyone know
>> a fix? Customer support is no help.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> W.
>
> My HDTV Wonders came with 9.06 which didn't work nearly as well as
> 9.14 - at least for digital TV. Since you want 9.06, you might try
> ATIs complete uninstall tool to completely remove all the software and
> then re-load.
>
> When I got that version of everything running, I no longer used the
> driver updates as they often took the machine into the dumper. The
> video drivers I use are the ones that were released at the some time
> as the MMC - in my case summer (May?) 2006.
>
> OK, I'm a Luddite but the computers work as expected.
>
> GG

Thanks for the response.

I am unable to remove the old drivers from the control panel add/remove
application or Cat Uninstaller. I have contacted support but have received
to reply. I am now considering replacing all ATI graphic cards. I have had
no trouble with ATI in the past and have several systems with nothing but
ATI hardware but this has me rethinking about other manufactures.