From: Jochen Schmitt on
Hi,
I have an error message when starting matlab:
Error starting desktop followed by a long list beginning with
com.mathworks.mwswing.desk.DTNestingContainers...followed
by a lot of java: numbers lines.
Then matlab waits for my ok and then ends...

There was already a posting in July by Rob but the solution (change
shortcut compatibility Win2000) did not work for my problem.
I also reinstalled matlab, but nothing changed...
any suggestions?
thanks
jochen
From: Kristin Thomas on
Can you please send this message along with the entire java exception
that you see to support(a)mathworks.com?

Thanks,
Kristin

Kristin Thomas
Software Engineer
The MathWorks, Inc.
kthomas(a)mathworks.com

From: piggy on
hi

I met the same problem, i m afraid.
my matlab used to work well till today an error message titled 'error
starting desktop' appeared when starting.

as the same, it followed long words like 'javax.swing...(unknown
sourse)...',i tried to copy it but failed.

any suggestion for this problem??

thanks!
From: Jochen Schmitt on
Hi,
in the meanwhile i solved my problem (which is probably yours too).
I totally removed matlab by deleting the whole folder, then i
reinstalled it again.
Before that, i always reinstalled either with matlab or with the
windows software removal tool. In both cases java files survived. So
I guess the problem was with java.... there are always these unwanted
updates..

cheers
jochen

piggy wrote:

> hi
>
> I met the same problem, i m afraid.
> my matlab used to work well till today an error message titled
> 'error
> starting desktop' appeared when starting.
>
> as the same, it followed long words like 'javax.swing...(unknown
> sourse)...',i tried to copy it but failed.
>
> any suggestion for this problem??
>
> thanks!

Pages: 1
Prev: What does the p-value mean