From: Yongwei Xing on
Hi all

I try to install the Lispbox on hte Ubuntu 9.04. After I download the
LispBox and unzip it, then I run the ./lispbox.sh , it gave me a
error "Bad substitution". Does anyone know this error? Or how to
install the LispBox on the Ubuntu? I am not familiar with the Linux.

Best Regards,
From: Tamas K Papp on
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:47:07 -0700, Yongwei Xing wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I try to install the Lispbox on hte Ubuntu 9.04. After I download the
> LispBox and unzip it, then I run the ./lispbox.sh , it gave me a error
> "Bad substitution". Does anyone know this error? Or how to install the
> LispBox on the Ubuntu? I am not familiar with the Linux.

I don't know lispbox, but on Ubuntu I would just

1) install the sbcl package (which is NOT the latest version, but OK)
2) download and install clbuild (not a deb package, get it in binary)
3) install all libraries via clbuild (incl slime)
4) optionally, get & compile the latest sbcl using clbuild

Best,

Tamas