From: Oscar on
I am using the FSO in my program and everything is working fine until
I try to use the Move command as follows:
fs.MoveFile strFileOld, strFileNew

Then I get the "Permission Denied" error.

Then when I check file attributes, there are no restrictions.

Please tell me what is causing this.

Thank you.
From: Bob Butler on
"Oscar" <oscarmeyer(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using the FSO in my program and everything is working fine until
> I try to use the Move command as follows:
> fs.MoveFile strFileOld, strFileNew
>
> Then I get the "Permission Denied" error.
>
> Then when I check file attributes, there are no restrictions.
>
> Please tell me what is causing this.

the file could be in use; the permissions on the file or the target
directory may be preventing it

do yourself a favor and drop the FSO. VB has the FileCopy, Name and Kill
statements that will let you move files or you can write a short bit of code
to do it. You'll have a finer degree of control and will lose the slow,
bloated disaster that is the FSO.

--
Reply to the group so all can participate
VB.Net: "Fool me once..."

Pages: 1
Prev: May have hosed my registry
Next: CAB format