From: Pranav on
Hi.,

I am trying to install packages yum on my fedora-8 machine, but every
time I try, yum downloads about 9Mb of -primary.sqlite.bz2 and says
"Error performing checksum"
and tries another mirror,

[root(a)localhost yum.repos.d]# yum install createrepo
development 100% |=========================| 4.2 kB
00:00
275cb1195736e806da746068f 100% |=========================| 9.6 MB
01:53
http://mirror.svk.su/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/275cb1195736e806da746068f8c35baa8f309b2ae8acf484089ac9e023de1641-primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.
275cb1195736e806da746068f 1%
| | 184 kB 04:42 ETA

Doing yum repolist shows following repositories,
[root(a)localhost yum.repos.d]# yum repolist
repo id repo name status
InstallMedia Fedora 8 enabled
development Fedora - Development enabled
development-debuginf Fedora - Development - Debug enabled
development-source Fedora - Development - Source enabled
fedora Fedora 8 - i386 enabled
livna rpm.livna.org for 8 - i386 enabled
updates Fedora 8 - i386 - Updates enabled

Do I need to update the repositories?
If yes, where to find the repository links.

Regards
Pranav
From: Greg Russell on
In news:aab16224-a86c-4428-ae6f-bd4a64c5936b(a)d9g2000prh.googlegroups.com,
Pranav <pranav026(a)gmail.com> typed:

> I am trying to install packages yum on my fedora-8 machine, but every
> time I try, yum downloads about 9Mb of -primary.sqlite.bz2 and says
> "Error performing checksum" and tries another mirror,

yum clean all

and try the task again.