From: onkars on

Hi,

How can I estimate the resoures used by a core generated by CoRE GEn ---- I
guess the resource utilization report should give this right?

What do the percentages in the resource utilization report of CoreGEN
indicate --- is it the percentage of total FPGA resource OR is it
percentage with respect to the total core size?

Where can I get more details on reading/understanding the resource
utilization report?

Also how can I find the speed performance of the core -- just an estimate
-- for the core in isolation is also OK.

Thank you.

Regards,

Onkar

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Andy Peters on
On May 28, 12:55 pm, "onkars"
<onkars(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.winlab.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I estimate the resoures used by a core generated by CoRE GEn ---- I
> guess the resource utilization report should give this right?
>
> What do the percentages in the resource utilization report of CoreGEN
> indicate --- is it the percentage of total FPGA resource OR is it
> percentage with respect to the total core size?
>
> Where can I get more details on reading/understanding the resource
> utilization report?
>
> Also how can I find the speed performance of the core -- just an estimate
> -- for the core in isolation is also OK.

I'm pretty sure the data sheet for each core specifies the core's size
and performance.

-a
From: onkars on
>On May 28, 12:55=A0pm, "onkars"
><onkars(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.winlab.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I estimate the resoures used by a core generated by CoRE GEn
----=
>> guess the resource utilization report should give this right?
>>
>> What do the percentages in the resource utilization report of CoreGEN
>> indicate --- is it the percentage of total FPGA resource OR is it
>> percentage with respect to the total core size?
>>
>> Where can I get more details on reading/understanding the resource
>> utilization report?
>>
>> Also how can I find the speed performance of the core -- just an
estimate
>> -- for the core in isolation is also OK.
>
>I'm pretty sure the data sheet for each core specifies the core's size
>and performance.
>
>-a

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the data sheet gives the utilization and performance numbers of a
few configurations --- many many configs are possible (bit-widths, etc.)

I would like to know the numbers for my specific configuration.

Thank you.

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Mike Treseler on
onkars wrote:

> I would like to know the numbers for my specific configuration.

Run synthesis and read the reports.

-- Mike Treseler