From: Peter Van Epp on
I'm interested in a development board that supports dual gig ethernet
PHYs and PCIE (or perhaps PCI-X). As part of that I'm also interested in
10/100/1000 daughter cards. I've seen the following boards (mostly from
http://www.fpga-faq.com/FPGA_Boards.shtml):

http://www.knjn.com/FPGA-PCI.html

I've bought one of these to start with. It does only PCI and doesn't
have a PHY (and therefore only does 10 meg, but thats a start :-)). One
of the PHY daughter cards will let it do all three speeds.

http://www.knjn.com/FPGA-PCIe.htm

At this point this one is probably the board I'm looking at as it has
PCIE and one of the daughter cards will give me dual gig PHYs (unless someone
knows of a better one of course!). I've seen all the following boards, but
am interested in any ones people know of that aren't on this list.

Altera DK-DEV-1AGX60N

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=NETFPGA&Nav1=Products&Nav2=Programmable

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=S3EBOARD&Nav1=Products&Nav2=Programmable 10/100 phy ...
http://www.plda.com/prodetail.php?pid=123 has a 3 spi daughter card, pcie ...

http://www.sevensols.com/index.php?seccion=262&subseccion=268&lang=en

Many of these don't have PHYs so I've been looking at daughter cards.
I know of the following ones:

10/100 only but cheap!

http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/moelbryn/modules/ethernet_phy.html

dual 10/100/gig, probably what I want, but Marvell (which needs an NDA for
the data sheet!).

xilinx ug065 daughter card dual marvell alaska PHYs pn HW-AFX-BERG-EPHY

Http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-AFX-BERG-EPHY.htm

http://www.morethanip.com

MTIP-PHYWORKX-Kit 10/100/1000 national ns83865 PHY daughterboard

I may end up with these as I can get a data sheet on the PHY without
an NDA.

MTIP-PHYWORKX-M-Kit 10/100/1000 marvel 88e1111
MTIP-PHYWORKX-2XDP83640 10/100 dual HSMC connector
MTIP-PHYWORKX-NS848-Kit 10/100 national dp83848

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,793&Prod=S3E1600

http://www.microtronix.com/products/?product_id=202

http://www.iaf-bs.de/products/add-on-boards/virtex4fx.de.html

Again I would be interested in any other ethernet PHY daughterboards
not listed here I'd be interested in hearing about them!

Peter Van Epp
From: John Adair on
Peter

We do have a couple of PCIe products in development that might be of
interest depending on your timescales. Contact us off line if you want
to know more on those. We are not likely to develop a a PCI-X board
unless someone wants to pay the development and I guess a similar
comment would come from our compeditors.

Our 10/100 Phy Module is not Marvell based. I concur on problems on
parts that have NDAs and we have not used Marvell for that very reason
in any of our products.

We can also offer "reasonable" priced custom modules to make I/O
functions like this. It's not a big job to take the Phy design that
say we use on Merrick1 and turn that into a module either for our DIL
headers or our advanced Moel-Bryn socket. We already do Gigabit+
interfaces as Moel-Bryn modules for some customers.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.