From: Anon on
I am on holiday using dialup. When I try to download the signature it
says it is downloading fi_nt86.exe from ftpav.ca.com but by the time it
gets to about about 39% it stalls. Same every attempt. The very same
setup was fine on broadband.

Is there a problem with the CA FTP server at present?

Is dialup too slow for CA's FTP server for some reason?

From: AndyC on
It must be - downloaded it fine via cable here in 3 secs:

Download complete on ftpav.ca.com (/pub/inoculan/scaneng/fi_nt86.exe).

AndyC

From: Roger Wilco on

"Anon" <Anon(a)on.net> wrote in message
> I am on holiday using dialup. When I try to download the signature it
> says it is downloading fi_nt86.exe from ftpav.ca.com but by the time
it
> gets to about about 39% it stalls. Same every attempt. The very same
> setup was fine on broadband.
>
> Is there a problem with the CA FTP server at present?
>
> Is dialup too slow for CA's FTP server for some reason?

Takes longer - have you adjusted the timeout setting?

From: Anon on
Roger Wilco wrote:
> "Anon" <Anon(a)on.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am on holiday using dialup. When I try to download the signature it
>>says it is downloading fi_nt86.exe from ftpav.ca.com but by the time
>
> it
>
>>gets to about about 39% it stalls. Same every attempt. The very same
>>setup was fine on broadband.
>>
>>Is there a problem with the CA FTP server at present?
>>
>>Is dialup too slow for CA's FTP server for some reason?
>

> Takes longer - have you adjusted the timeout setting?

Nope. Where is the "timeout setting"?

What I did is Google for the file and download it from somewhere in NZ.

From: Anon on
Anon wrote:
> I am on holiday using dialup. When I try to download the signature it
> says it is downloading fi_nt86.exe from ftpav.ca.com but by the time it
> gets to about about 39% it stalls. Same every attempt. The very same
> setup was fine on broadband.
>
> Is there a problem with the CA FTP server at present?
>
> Is dialup too slow for CA's FTP server for some reason?

Now I have iv_nt86.exe stalled on 99%.

I'm not impressed by dialup or CA's sorry FTP server.

Pages: 1
Prev: Suspicious Runtime error
Next: Spam me not!