From: JC on
Hi,

A runtime error, details below, occurred after reboot just now.

Runtime error
MS Visual C++ Runtime library

.....ch\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
Application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I haven't seen this error pop up before. I installed a new Logitech wireless
mouse and Agent 3.1 upgrade today and this may be connected with one of them but
my suspicions are aroused.

Has anyone got any info on this?

I will run a NAV, Ad-aware and SpyBot check tomorrow morning.
--

Cheers . . . JC
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "JC" <jhoppyc(a)westnet.com.invalid>

| Hi,
|
| A runtime error, details below, occurred after reboot just now.
|
| Runtime error
| MS Visual C++ Runtime library
|
| ....ch\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
| Application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
| Please contact the applications support team for more information.
|
| I haven't seen this error pop up before. I installed a new Logitech wireless
| mouse and Agent 3.1 upgrade today and this may be connected with one of them but
| my suspicions are aroused.
|
| Has anyone got any info on this?
|
| I will run a NAV, Ad-aware and SpyBot check tomorrow morning.
| --
|
| Cheers . . . JC

What is the FULL path to Backweb-8876480.exe.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Yourhighness on

JC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A runtime error, details below, occurred after reboot just now.
>
> Runtime error
> MS Visual C++ Runtime library
>
> ....ch\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
> Application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> Please contact the applications support team for more information.
>
> I haven't seen this error pop up before. I installed a new Logitech wireless
> mouse and Agent 3.1 upgrade today and this may be connected with one of them but
> my suspicions are aroused.
>
> Has anyone got any info on this?
>
> I will run a NAV, Ad-aware and SpyBot check tomorrow morning.
> --
>
> Cheers . . . JC

Hi!

suggest to submit to online virus scan for single files. Have seen this
file fairly often lately in security forums and it seems to be part of
malware.

Cheers,

Yourhighness

From: JC on
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:01:51 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "JC" <jhoppyc(a)westnet.com.invalid>
>
>| Hi,
>|
>| A runtime error, details below, occurred after reboot just now.
>|
>| Runtime error
>| MS Visual C++ Runtime library
>|
>| ....ch\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
>| Application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
>| Please contact the applications support team for more information.
>|
>| I haven't seen this error pop up before. I installed a new Logitech wireless
>| mouse and Agent 3.1 upgrade today and this may be connected with one of them but
>| my suspicions are aroused.
>|
>| Has anyone got any info on this?
>|
>| I will run a NAV, Ad-aware and SpyBot check tomorrow morning.
>| --
>|
>| Cheers . . . JC
>
>What is the FULL path to Backweb-8876480.exe.

I have chased this down further. The full path is
c:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
which means that the file came in off the Logitech install CD-ROM.

I ran Ad-aware SE, with SE1R66 defs, last night with no result. I then ran
SpyBot, with the 16/09/2005 defs, and it found 57 entries for Backweb. I had
SpyBot clean them and re-ran SpyBot - it then reported no problems.

This morning I ran the Norton System works one button check and it found a
registry entry referring to a missing file - Backweb-887680 - which it fixed. A
second check came up clean. NAV will run in 30 minutes to complete the story.

I intend asking Logitech about this.
--

Cheers . . . JC
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "JC" <jhoppyc(a)westnet.com.invalid>

| I have chased this down further. The full path is
| c:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\Backweb-8876480.exe
| which means that the file came in off the Logitech install CD-ROM.
|
| I ran Ad-aware SE, with SE1R66 defs, last night with no result. I then ran
| SpyBot, with the 16/09/2005 defs, and it found 57 entries for Backweb. I had
| SpyBot clean them and re-ran SpyBot - it then reported no problems.
|
| This morning I ran the Norton System works one button check and it found a
| registry entry referring to a missing file - Backweb-887680 - which it fixed. A
| second check came up clean. NAV will run in 30 minutes to complete the story.
|
| I intend asking Logitech about this.
| --
|
| Cheers . . . JC

I think this is a module to allow the Logitech drivers to be auto-updated. Your asking
Logitech is an excellent idea.