From: ashuat on
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7?
Thanks
From: Joe Makowiec on
On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote:

> Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7?

I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that
the data files are separate from the program files.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
From: ashuat on
>Just make sure that
>the data files are separate from the program files.

What do you mean precisely please?
thanks
From: Han on
ashuat(a)email.ittttt wrote in news:tebhj5po84u2f7fm4il22jhghhudjjqoeg@
4ax.com:

>>Just make sure that
>>the data files are separate from the program files.
>
> What do you mean precisely please?
> thanks

The Eudora data files should not be in the same directory as the Eudora
program files.

This is to help prevent "contamination" of the program files by malware,
and to ease backing up data files.

The (very old) philosophy was that everything belonging to a certain
program should be kept together (a Microsoft invention, Unix etc always
keeps programs separate from OS and separate from data). Now MS is
realizing that the Unix way is better for system maintenance and backing
up.

--
Best regards
Han
From: ashuat on
I think I have a problem with Eudora 7 and Windows 7 may be because I
have put the mailboxess into the same Eudora folder. In fact now when
I open Eudora I don't see any message. Where have I put these In.mbx
and Out.mbx precisely? I have to save the old messages. Thanks