From: leki on
We're running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server and are getting 418
events with smtpsvc everytime we restarts the server:

Virtual Server 2: SMTP server cannot read metabase key MailPickupDir.

I've used MetaEdit 2.2 and removed the LM\SmtpSvc\2 key, but it keeps
returning everytime I restart the Exchange Server, and I can't find out
what's causing it to reappear?!

Does anyone have a clue? We only have one SMTP Virtual Server, so it must be
some old stuff that's causing it, but how can I found out what?

Thanks in advice!

From: Kirill Palagin on
Exchange stores its configuration (SMTP settings in particular) in AD.
That key is copied from AD every 15 minutes (or so). You can remove the
value from AD using ADSIedit.

From: leki on
Thank's for your answer!
I checked in ADSIedit under
CN=Configuration - CN=Services - CN=Microsoft Exchange - CN=Company -
CN=Administrative Groups - CN=Servers - CN=Servername - CN=Protocols - CN=SMTP
and it is only one key there: CN=1

Do you know if there is any other keys in the AD that I'll should look after??

Thanks!

From: Kirill Palagin on
This will help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321757/en-us