From: Brian Shelden on
I have recently noticed this error appearing in the Application Event Log:

Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event ID: 833
taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [T:\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf]

I am seeing some entries where the count is 25,000 or more and the file is
usually tempdb but not always. I am running Windows 2003 x64, SQL 2005
Standard x64. I just installed SQL SP1, but I see entries from before SP1
was installed.

I can't find any information on this. Has anyone else seen this (and better
yet, know why it is happening)?

Thanks,

-- Brian