From: Hess on
Folks,

I am getting the follwoing error:

"cannot sort a row of size 8192, which is greater than the allowable
maximum of 8094" .

Doing the research around the web, I found a solution which had be
using Option "Robust Plan" as a part of the query.

I am getting another error "Warning: The query processor could not
produce a query plan from the optimizer because the total length of all
the columns in the GROUP BY or ORDER BY clause exceeds 8000 bytes.
Resubmit your query without the ROBUST PLAN hint."

Am i missing something.

- Jess

From: Gert-Jan Strik on
Have you calculated how much bytes the arguments in the GROUP BY and/or
ORDER BY clause need? If it exceeds 8094 bytes, then it will simply not
work, regardless of the ROBUST PLAN option.

When in doubt, then please post the query and relevant DDL.

HTH,
Gert-Jan