From: ed on
Hi all,

I got this event ID this morining. What should I do with it?
exchange 2003/windows 2003 SP2 envir.

Thank you!

_____________________
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 514
Date: 12/31/2009
Time: 1:11:36 AM
User: N/A
Computer: exchange server
Information Store (2612) StrgGRP1: Log sequence numbers for this instance
have almost been completely consumed. The current log generation is 982000
(0x000EFBF0) which is approaching the maximum log generation of 1048559
(0x000FFFEF), there are 66559 (0x000103FF) log generations left to be used.
To begin renumbering from generation 1, the instance must be shutdown cleanly
and all log files must be deleted. Backups will be invalidated.

From: Mark Fugatt [MSFT] on
This article explains what steps you need to take to reset the log file
names:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=830408

--
Mark Fugatt
Premier Field Engineer - Unified Communications

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights