From: Canary Woolf Canary on
Hi

My PC has increasingly starting freezing and checking out the event log it
relates to the following:

The PocketCam 3Mega, WDM Video Capture service failed to start due to the
following error:

I'm guessing that some fragment of an earlier install of a video driver of
some sort is somewhere in my registry settings but I don't have a clue where
to start.

Can anyone help?

From: Harry Boyne on
Do you have a PocketCam?

Have a look inside services for PocketCam 3Mega, WDM Video Capture by:
1. Go into Control Panel.
2. If it is under category view, click performance and maintenance, then,
under, or pick a control panel icon, click administrative tools. On Classic
view, double click on administrative tools.
3. Double click on services.
4. Look for PocketCam 3Mega.

If it is there, disable it:
1. Right click on it and click properties.
2. Under the General tab, look for "Startup Type:" change that to disabled.
3. Restart your computer and see if the problem persists.

Let me know if it works
Harry

From: Canary Woolf on
Hi Harry

I sed to have a PocketCam and had some software installed about 2 years ago.

There is nothing listed in Services, nor is it listed in msconfig, startup
programs. I am at a loss but it is becoming a real pain.

Cheers

From: Harry Boyne on
Hi

Has the software been uninstalled?

If so, it could of stayed on. Try scanning with your anti-virus and spyware
scans, and see if they pick anything up.

If you have no luck, go to this website (Copy and paste into your browser),
install the add-on, and do a complete scan (Will take on a fast computer 1-2
hours to complete):
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

The site I gave you has a registry cleaner as well, which should help.

Let me now if it works

From: Canary Woolf on
Hi Harry

Yes the software has been uninstalled. I've tried scanning with anti-virus
and spyware - nothing.

I carried out the scan through onecare.live.com - took about 8 hours as I
have 2 mirrored 250gb hard drives. It found a number of registry problems -
about 400 and fixed them but the issue still remains!

I believe now that this issue is not causing the PC to freeze as it happens
on start up but I would like to get it resolved in any case.

ANy further thought from anyone?

Canary Woolf