From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Resolutions for both SP3 issues were available within a few weeks of the
release of SP3 and well before SP3 was released to Automatic Updates.

Furthermore, MS was offering no-charge support for SP3 installation and
post-installation issues from 14 April 2008 thru May 2009.

PS: The "cutoff date" for WinXP SP2 is 10 Jul-10. 13 Apr-10 is the "cutoff
date" for Vista Gold/RTM. <wink>

<snip>