From: Spamlet on

"antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> wrote in message

>> As nobody appears to have picked up your request to look at this, I can
>> offer you an inexpert opinion.
>>
>> I've not looked at the filter settings on the event Viewer before but I
>> would imagine that if you hit the restore default settings button it will
>> get rid of your peculiar date reversals and events will start being
>> logged.
>

>> Good luck,
>>
> Thanks Spamlet - that was the clue to the problem.
> Deleted all events in the Event Folders I wanted - ignored the others.
> Refreshed, then went into each of their respective properties and reset
> them to default.
> I restarted a couple of times and now all the important actions/events in
> 'Applic', 'System' and 'Security' are showing.
> When Acer had finished building this machine they had failed to engage
> default settings and had left most events to record in the year 2022 - I
> would never have been able to be around to see the results :-)
>
> Rgds
> Antioch
Somebody may have set the date like that deliberately so as not to log
system events but to still be able to use Security Centre and Firewall.
Can't see why they'd want to though. An odd mistake, but good to hear you
sorted it.
Hope you sorted the DVD too.

From: antioch on

> Somebody may have set the date like that deliberately so as not to log
> system events but to still be able to use Security Centre and Firewall.
> Can't see why they'd want to though. An odd mistake, but good to hear you
> sorted it.
> Hope you sorted the DVD too.

I am expecting my fourth tomorrow - yes 4th - not sure if same make or
model - they were going to test all they had in stock - if all faulty then I
get a different make.

Antioch

From: Spamlet on

>> Somebody may have set the date like that deliberately so as not to log
>> system events but to still be able to use Security Centre and Firewall.
>> Can't see why they'd want to though. An odd mistake, but good to hear
>> you sorted it.
>> Hope you sorted the DVD too.

> I am expecting my fourth tomorrow - yes 4th - not sure if same make or
> model - they were going to test all they had in stock - if all faulty then
> I get a different make.
>
> Antioch

So's we all know what to avoid: what make and model of player are you
having all this trouble with?

From: antioch on
"Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Somebody may have set the date like that deliberately so as not to log
>>> system events but to still be able to use Security Centre and Firewall.
>>> Can't see why they'd want to though. An odd mistake, but good to hear
>>> you sorted it.
>>> Hope you sorted the DVD too.

>> I am expecting my fourth tomorrow - yes 4th - not sure if same make or
>> model - they were going to test all they had in stock - if all faulty
>> then I get a different make.
>>
>> Antioch
>
> So's we all know what to avoid: what make and model of player are you
> having all this trouble with?

Hello Spamlet

For me there has been so much confusion with matters computer - I have just
seen in my original post that I copy/paste the wrong computer details - what
an idiot.
The computer in question is my desktop - the item of equipment is a LiteOn
ATAPI iHAP322 - 32 - 9.

I fitted No4 and got the same problem as before - the box had been opened so
looks as if it might have been tested first by the supplier.
I was hoping to slave it onto another computer, but have been unable to do
so.
What I did do today, was get another DVD[not bought-borrowed] plus a new
cable, which I fitted to the desktop - tried both cables but got the same
result - all types of disc show as empty.[left click my comp - left click
DVD-RAM - left click to open CD drive D:] - it shows as having free space -
0 bytes - total size 0 bytes.
The 'write files to CD' cannot be done - must copy files to CD first.
Did the same with both cables and my new DVD - same result.
What I did find was that when I put my XP disc IN, I was able to boot from
it get into recovery console - most strange, as nothing will play on Win Med
Player.

I am not too sure what the above is telling me - but I think my only other
option left, is to go for a clean install if XP[which is something I was
intending to do in a couple of months until this DVD problem started]. I
have run out of any other possible cures.

Rgds
Antioch

From: Spamlet on

> "Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> wrote in message

>>> I am expecting my fourth tomorrow - yes 4th - not sure if same make or
>>> model - they were going to test all they had in stock - if all faulty
>>> then I get a different make.
>>>
>>> Antioch
>>
>> So's we all know what to avoid: what make and model of player are you
>> having all this trouble with?

> Hello Spamlet
>
> For me there has been so much confusion with matters computer - I have
> just seen in my original post that I copy/paste the wrong computer
> details - what an idiot.
> The computer in question is my desktop - the item of equipment is a LiteOn
> ATAPI iHAP322 - 32 - 9.
>
> I fitted No4 and got the same problem as before - the box had been opened
> so looks as if it might have been tested first by the supplier.
> I was hoping to slave it onto another computer, but have been unable to do
> so.
> What I did do today, was get another DVD[not bought-borrowed] plus a new
> cable, which I fitted to the desktop - tried both cables but got the same
> result - all types of disc show as empty.[left click my comp - left click
> DVD-RAM - left click to open CD drive D:] - it shows as having free
> space - 0 bytes - total size 0 bytes.
> The 'write files to CD' cannot be done - must copy files to CD first.
> Did the same with both cables and my new DVD - same result.
> What I did find was that when I put my XP disc IN, I was able to boot from
> it get into recovery console - most strange, as nothing will play on Win
> Med Player.
>
> I am not too sure what the above is telling me - but I think my only
> other option left, is to go for a clean install if XP[which is something I
> was intending to do in a couple of months until this DVD problem started].
> I have run out of any other possible cures.
>
> Rgds
> Antioch

I didn't know you were talking about DVD-RAM: I've never used those.
Do they show up in disc management, and do they need to be formatted first?

Your equipment is widely discussed in other fora:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ATAPI+iHAP322+-+32+-+9&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

You will quite likely find your answers out there.

Good luck.