From: antioch on
"Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> wrote in message
>> "Spamlet" <spam.morespam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> wrote in message

>>> So's we all know what to avoid: what make and model of player are you
>>> having all this trouble with?

>> Hello Spamlet
>>
>> For me there has been so much confusion with matters computer - I have
>> just seen in my original post that I copy/paste the wrong computer
>> details - what an idiot.
>> The computer in question is my desktop - the item of equipment is a
>> LiteOn
>> ATAPI iHAP322 - 32 - 9.
>>
>> I fitted No4 and got the same problem as before - the box had been opened
>> so looks as if it might have been tested first by the supplier.
>> I was hoping to slave it onto another computer, but have been unable to
>> do so.
>> What I did do today, was get another DVD[not bought-borrowed] plus a new
>> cable, which I fitted to the desktop - tried both cables but got the same
>> result - all types of disc show as empty.[left click my comp - left click
>> DVD-RAM - left click to open CD drive D:] - it shows as having free
>> space - 0 bytes - total size 0 bytes.
>> The 'write files to CD' cannot be done - must copy files to CD first.
>> Did the same with both cables and my new DVD - same result.
>> What I did find was that when I put my XP disc IN, I was able to boot
>> from it get into recovery console - most strange, as nothing will play on
>> Win Med Player.
>>
>> I am not too sure what the above is telling me - but I think my only
>> other option left, is to go for a clean install if XP[which is something
>> I was intending to do in a couple of months until this DVD problem
>> started]. I have run out of any other possible cures.
>>
>> Rgds
>> Antioch
>
> I didn't know you were talking about DVD-RAM: I've never used those.
> Do they show up in disc management, and do they need to be formatted
> first?
>
> Your equipment is widely discussed in other fora:
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ATAPI+iHAP322+-+32+-+9&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
>
> You will quite likely find your answers out there.
>
> Good luck.

Hi Spamlet

I have been talking in all my posts, about a DVD/CD Player[ROM] - RAM is a
typo in the last post.
Thanks for the link - though I have already read most of the links that have
anything remotely connected with the problem - there are a couple that look
new.
I forgot to mention that I ran two driver scans earlier in the week - one
showed no update[listed as digital sig with Microsoft] and the other one on
offer I checked with LiteOn - waiting their reply - but LiteOn say the
current driver is as the one being used.
The one I have always used and worked OK.

Thank you for your interest.

Antioch