From: Carl on
Actually I did run the command you suggested and the results were fine. Here
is what I've done yesterday. I demoted the problem server, I installed
Windows server 2003 on another computer and promoted it to become a DC in the
same domain, and this 2003 server has no problems with obtaining RIDs. I
also created a brand new forest/domain with the problem server (2k server)
and it didn't have any issues with issuing RIDs to itself (I did this just to
check if something went wrong with the OS installation itself). I don't know
what to do at this point. Do you know of any known issues with a 2k server
being a DC on the same network with other 2003 servers? Then again, I do
already have 4 other 2k servers on my production network and they don't have
any problems...

Carl

From: Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP] on
I have never seen a problem like this... maybe at this moment you should PSS
and ask for assistance.