From: Blaqb0x on
Hi,

I have a Dell PowerVault 745 running Windows Storage server 2003. I've made
it a domain controller
and it's running DNS however, I am using BIND 9 as the master server on
another machine. I'm pretty sure that
that is not the direct cause of this problem since I have 2 other domain
controllers that work fine. The main problem here
is clients on other subnets can't access it's shares. I have 2 WINS servers
on both subnets so name resolution shouldn't be the
problem. Again the problems only occur on this particular domain
controller.

When I run dcdiag everything passes except for these errors.....

Starting test: frsevent
There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the
SYSVOL
has been shared. Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause Group
Policy
problems.
......................... JUNKBOND failed test frsevent
Starting test: kccevent
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC00007E7
Time Generated: 01/25/2006 10:50:48
(Event String could not be retrieved)
An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC00007E7
Time Generated: 01/25/2006 10:52:58
(Event String could not be retrieved)
......................... JUNKBOND failed test kccevent
Starting test: systemlog

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas?

From: Paul Bergson on
Run diagnostics against your Active Directory domain.

If you don't have the tools installed, install them from your server install
disk.
d:\support\tools\setup.exe

Run dcdiag and netdiag in verbose mode.

If you download a gui script I wrote it should be simple to set and run. It
also has the option to run individual tests without having to learn all the
switch options. The details will be output in notepad text files that pop
up automagically.

The script is at http://pbbergs.dynu.com/windows/windows.htm, download it
and save it to c:\program files\support tools\

Just select both dcdiag and netdiag make sure verbose is set. (Leave the
default settings for dcdiag as set when selected)

When complete search for fail, error and warning messages.

"Blaqb0x" <blaqb0x(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Dell PowerVault 745 running Windows Storage server 2003. I've
> made it a domain controller
> and it's running DNS however, I am using BIND 9 as the master server on
> another machine. I'm pretty sure that
> that is not the direct cause of this problem since I have 2 other domain
> controllers that work fine. The main problem here
> is clients on other subnets can't access it's shares. I have 2 WINS
> servers on both subnets so name resolution shouldn't be the
> problem. Again the problems only occur on this particular domain
> controller.
>
> When I run dcdiag everything passes except for these errors.....

> Starting test: frsevent
> There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the
> SYSVOL
> has been shared. Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause Group
> Policy
> problems.
> ......................... JUNKBOND failed test frsevent
> Starting test: kccevent
> An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC00007E7
> Time Generated: 01/25/2006 10:50:48
> (Event String could not be retrieved)
> An Error Event occured. EventID: 0xC00007E7
> Time Generated: 01/25/2006 10:52:58
> (Event String could not be retrieved)
> ......................... JUNKBOND failed test kccevent
> Starting test: systemlog
>
> I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas?

Pages: 1
Prev: Event id 16650
Next: MOVING RID MASTER