From: Kim Wennerberg Kim on
MS Access 2007
How can I make an event occur on a form without the user OK'ing the the code
be run?
At the top of the Access screen there is Security Warning saying, "Certain
content in the database has been disabled. Options..."
I am observing that if the user doesn't go into Options and enable content,
none of my VBA runs.
The VBA is simply code that timestamps the records when created and edited
and captures the username.
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Kim Wennerberg" <Kim Wennerberg(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Access 2007
> How can I make an event occur on a form without the user OK'ing the the
> code
> be run?
> At the top of the Access screen there is Security Warning saying, "Certain
> content in the database has been disabled. Options..."
> I am observing that if the user doesn't go into Options and enable
> content,
> none of my VBA runs.
> The VBA is simply code that timestamps the records when created and edited
> and captures the username.

Put the database in a Trusted Location, or use the Trust Center to designate
the database's current location as trusted.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Kim Wennerberg on
Thanks... just like Excel, I see.

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Kim Wennerberg" <Kim Wennerberg(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > MS Access 2007
> > How can I make an event occur on a form without the user OK'ing the the
> > code
> > be run?
> > At the top of the Access screen there is Security Warning saying, "Certain
> > content in the database has been disabled. Options..."
> > I am observing that if the user doesn't go into Options and enable
> > content,
> > none of my VBA runs.
> > The VBA is simply code that timestamps the records when created and edited
> > and captures the username.
>

> Put the database in a Trusted Location, or use the Trust Center to designate
> the database's current location as trusted.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)