From: Kathryn on
Hi
After experimenting with Access for a few weeks, etc I am now using the
Events template to create a database of events... but things are not working
as I expected.

Here is what I have done so far:
I added fields to the Events Table (in Supporting Objects) - things like
"Date of Event" "Catering Option" and a few others - text boxes/ check boxes.

I used the Event Details form (in Events) to add the events we currently
have booked. This filled in the Events Table - but not the Events List (in
Events) which I assumed was fed from the table.

I then added fields from the Table to the Events List form so they were the
same and did simple copy & paste for each event... they appeared in the List
but with new IDs and when I went back to the Table, there were now duplicates
of the events! They have since disappeared from the Event List form but
appear when I click on the Report "All Events" and Event Details. Current
Events and Events by Week don't work (they produce a couple of the events but
not all they should).

Is there something basic I am doing wrong? The bit that confuses me is why
filling in the Event Details form should work for the Table but not the Event
List.

Should I just create new queries/reports for things like Events by Week (I
will do one for Events by Month as well in any case)? Or is there a way to
link everything back together so that I can use what's there? I can use the
basics in Access but have not done any coding so would prefer to avoid that
if possible.

I hope the above makes sense! Many thanks in anticipation.

Pages: 1
Prev: Problem Generating Key
Next: e-mailing a table