From: apsolar on
Hello everyone
Does anyone where I can find a simple VHDl code example based on
evolutionary algorithms.I am doing a project on evolvable hardware.
This will help me get a start on the implementation of Evolvable
Hardware.
Ankit Parikh
Manukau Institute Of Technology

From: Neo on
whats about this evolvable hardware?

From: Eric on
Hey Ankit,

I did a little bit of searching and I couldn't find an example of an
evolutionary alogrithm in VHDL.

All of the Genetic FPGA work I found is done on a PC, the end product
of the evolutionary algorithim is to create the VHDL. Not the VHDL
creating itself.

Take a look at this masters Thesis
http://www.ce.chalmers.se/~mek man/MasterThesis.pdf

First you Create a template statemachine.
Then run an evolutionary program on your PC. The fitness function is a
VHDL test bench that excites the "Evolved" VHDL code This is done using
Mentor or some other simulator. This processed is continued until the
"Evolved" VHDL description functions the way you want it. Then you
download it into a FPGA.

So you see the evolutionary process is run on a PC not the FPGA. The
FPGA VHDL code is the end product.

Eric

From: Eric on
http://www.ce.chalmers.se/~mekman/MasterThesis.pdf

From: Andrew Greensted on
apsolar(a)rediffmail.com wrote:
> Hello everyone
> Does anyone where I can find a simple VHDl code example based on
> evolutionary algorithms.I am doing a project on evolvable hardware.
> This will help me get a start on the implementation of Evolvable
> Hardware.
> Ankit Parikh
> Manukau Institute Of Technology

You might find the proceedings of these conferences will give you some
useful pointers, and references:

http://ic.arc.nasa.gov/projects/eh2005/
http://ices03.idi.ntnu.no/
http://www.isgec.org/gecco-2005/
http://147.83.49.249:8090/

I'm sure a lot of the authors will have accessible PDFs of their papers.

Andy
--
Dr. Andrew Greensted Department of Electronics
Bio-Inspired Engineering University of York, YO10 5DD, UK

Tel: +44(0)1904 432379 Mailto: ajg112(a)ohm.york.ac.uk
Fax: +44(0)1904 433224 Web: www.bioinspired.com/users/ajg112
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: NIOS II + USB 2.0 host